eSubsea design subsea and offshore lifting set (chain or wire rope slings and shackles ) according to the following standards for design and certification of lifting equipment:
- DNV 2.7-1 Offshore Containers
- DNV 2.7-2 Offshore Service Containers
- DNVGL-ST-E273 Portable Offshore Units (DNV 2.7-3)
- DNVGL-ST-0378 Offshore and Platform Lifting Appliances (formerly DnV 2.22 Lifting Appliances)
- DNVGL-ST-N001 Marine Operations and Marine Warranty
- NORSOK R-002 Lifting Equipment
- NORSOK R-003 Safe Use of Lifting Equipment
Based on the applicable design and certification standard, the weight of the unit (MGW or SWL) to be lifted and the actual sling arrangement (single sling, 2- 3- or 4-legged), a design report with the necessary design calculations for certification will be issued. The design report will normally also include the padeye and lifting point design calculations.
The following will be included in the lifting sling set part of the design report:
- Sling minimum dimensions and MBL (Minimum Breaking Load)
- Shackle WLL (Working Load Limit)
- Master Link MBL
- Forerunner MBL
The above information will enable to us to chose type approved lifting components with certificates. The components certificates together with the design calculation will be the basis for approval and certification of the lifting set.
References and links: